This year’s annual spring art show will be centred on the theme of “Sustaining Curiosity” (a fascinating and intriguing concept that is central to our pedagogical approach). The show will feature a variety of contemporary works (a mixture of traditional and emerging mediums) from both students and staff. A portion of the works will be available for sale. We will conduct a silent auction on a selection of original artwork. All proceeds from the show will go to For Pivots Sake (a non-profit organization aimed at spreading the joy of skateboarding within the local, Ottawa community).
Components of the show:
1. Prints for sale. We will have a table setup where a volunteer will be selling digital prints of original artwork by both students and staff. Prints will be sold for $15 each.
2. “Art in the classroom” : discover how we integrate Art within various disciplines
3. Art show pieces. A collection of artwork from students.
4. Video Game Display. A showcase of video game design + art from some of our “tech- savvy” students (E1s and E2s).
5. Live Art. A group of students will create their own chalk mural (in the Design Studio) based on a pre-approached design. This will run throughout the duration of the art show.
6. Stop Motion Animation displays. 3 groups within our media arts class will create station showcasing their recent stop motion animation shorts. Each station will not only
feature the short but also an explanation of the group’s creative process.